Meet Adam DeBauch
Meet Adam DeBauch, a Senior Specialist for Steigerwaldt. Adam’s responsibilities include project-level land management for a variety of landowners in northern Wisconsin. He is proficient at timber sale preparation and administration, management plan preparation, forest inventory, re-forestation, and Best Management Practices implementation.
Please provide a professional history introduction (prior and during your time at Steigerwaldt):
- I grew up on a small dairy farm in Shawano County, WI. I started at Steigerwaldt as a full-time Forester out of Tomahawk in July 2005. Prior to that, I graduated from UW-Stevens Point in May 2005 and also had various limited-term forestry positions with Plum Creek Timberlands in Tomahawk, Clark County Forestry Department, and St. Louis County Land Deptartment in MN.
Why are you passionate about this field?
- I am passionate about the outdoors and being in the woods. This was an obvious career choice for me.
How do you serve our clients?
- At Steigerwaldt, I assist a number of large investment and small private forest landowners accomplish their management goals and objectives. The bulk of my time is spent meeting with landowners, harvest planning, setting up and facilitating timber sales, and writing management plans.
Why do you enjoy working at Steigerwaldt?
- The thing I like about being at Steigerwaldt is working on different properties across the state and country, as well as working with different landowners to accomplish their management goals.
Since you’ve worked here, how has the industry changed?
- In this industry I’ve noticed there is an ebb and flow in timber markets and stumpage pricing. It’s ever-changing.
What industry changes are you most excited about?
- Changes can be good, changes can be bad, but I am excited to see new and emerging markets in this industry, which continue to provide a demand for wood products that will benefit our clients and all forest landowners.
What’s your favorite tree and why?
- My favorite tree is the cedar tree that I took one of my biggest bucks from on the edge of a cedar swamp.
What would you do with 10 acres?
- If I had 10 acres, I would build a shed house, raise a family, plant a huge garden, and manage the rest of the property for deer, turkey and waterfowl.
Where do you like to go on vacation?
- I like to go to Iowa and Nebraska for deer hunting.