Meet Arlene Buttke
Meet Arlene Buttke, one of Steigerwaldt’s Right-of-Way agents. Arlene’s primary responsibilities are supporting the Right-of-Way department in the field by performing and overseeing all aspects of utility and highway right-of-way acquisition and permitting.
Please provide a professional history introduction (prior and during your time at Steigerwaldt):
- Prior to joining Steigerwaldt as Right-of-Way agent, I worked for We Energies for 43 years. My positions at We Energies included Typist and Customer Service professional. At the time of my retirement in 2020, I was a Senior Right-of-Way Agent in the Property Management Department working with buying, selling and leasing fee-owned property, as well as working on wind, gas, electric and solar acquisition projects.
Why are you passionate about this field?
- As a landowner myself, I understand preserving the value of what you purchased. With my customer service experience, I use my skill in negotiating to accomplish the needs of others and expansion in the utility industry.
Why do you enjoy working at Steigerwaldt?
- Their consideration for my retirement time as well as getting a job done.
What industry changes are you most excited about?
- There seems to be a focus on renewable energy. Hopefully, in Wisconsin, solar proves beneficial.
What’s your favorite tree and why?
- Oak. I love the shape of the leaf and the design of the wood on cabinetry.
What’s your superpower?
What would you do with 10 acres?
- I would use it to hike while simply enjoying the sounds of nature.
What’s your favorite National Park?
- The Grand Canyon
What is your favorite outdoor activity?
- Camping and Biking