Meet Carol Ahles
Meet Carol Ahles, Steigerwaldt’s Senior Specialist in Right of Way. Carol serves Steigerwaldt’s clients by providing database management, permitting, interpreting land and right of way related agreements, deeds, easements, leases, permits, and licenses. Carol has worked on a variety of utility, governmental, and renewable infrastructure projects and is well-versed in the statutory and permitting requirements for these projects. She received her Right-of-Way Agent designation through the International Right-of-Way Negotiation and Acquisition designation (R/W NAC) through IRWA. She is also a licensed real estate agent and notary in Wisconsin.
Please provide a professional history introduction (prior and during your time at Steigerwaldt):
- I worked in several different fields prior to my employment with Steigerwadt – starting as a hairstylist, to pharmacy tech, and spent some time as a dental assistant. All of these different fields gave me great pleasure and phenomenal learning experiences. I have been with Steigerwaldt for thirteen years and continue my love of learning every day.
Why are you passionate about this field?
- Every day is a new challenge, it’s never the same day twice. I like having the variety it holds for me.
Why do you enjoy working at Steigerwaldt?
- Steigerwaldt has a relaxed yet very professional environment. We have departments that work together to complete projects ensuring our client expectations are exceeded and deadlines are met.
Since you’ve worked here, how has the industry changed?
- There seems to be a higher intensity to the renewable energy focus. Solar and wind power are taking the main stage.
What industry changes are you most excited about?
- It will be interesting to see where the solar energy movement will go. With certain places in the US not having an extreme amount of daily sunshine, backups seem to be the solution.
What’s your favorite tree and why?
- Maple, they are the most beautiful trees in the fall, my second favorite season.
Where do you like to go on vacation?
What is your favorite outdoor activity?
- In my free time, I enjoy spending time with my family and fishing the lakes of northern Minnesota and Wisconsin.