Meet Maryada Shrestha
Meet Maryada Shrestha, Forest Analyst at Steigerwaldt. She supports the Analysis and Technology Solutions department through data analysis, inventory, data processing, modeling, and forest carbon quantification and research. Additional responsibilities include project management, inventory data review and auditing, and assisting with client communications.
- I am a Forest Analyst at Steigerwaldt Land Services. I support the ATS department with data processing and modeling, resource analysis, forest carbon quantification, and credit estimations.
- My dad was also a forestry officer. He inspired me to study forestry. I have studied forestry since high school so it’s in my blood, I guess.
- I provide clients with meaningful information about their forestland by converting the raw data into illustrated results.
- I love the family-like work environment at Steigerwaldt. I especially love that everyone helps make it possible for their coworkers to have a balanced family and work life.
- I started in April so I don’t know much about what it used to be before, but recently I have worked on a lot of carbon projects, so I think a lot of forestry and non-forest industries are getting more and more interested in the forest carbon sector.
- I am excited to learn about carbon quantification and to be able to model the methods for estimating carbon credits.
What’s your superpower?
- I can stay calm in difficult situations.
What’s your favorite tree and why?
- Longleaf Pine because I spent my PhD life studying this species.
- Zion National Park
- Plant trees.
- Somewhere with mountains, scenic routes, and hiking trails.