Meet Max Kubisiak
Meet Max Kubisiak, Staff Forester at Steigerwaldt. Max is responsible for setting up and administering timber sales, which includes harvest boundary delineation, timber marking, and gathering inventory data.
Please provide a professional history introduction (prior and during your time at Steigerwaldt):
- I just graduated from UW-Madison with a degree in Forest Science. Prior to graduation I did an internship with Sand Valley Restoration Trust as a Forestry and Logging Activities intern as well as an internship with Steigerwaldt as a Forestry Intern.
Why are you passionate about this field?
- I am passionate about this field because I get to help make a positive impact on future forests through sustainable management. I also love working outdoors in a new setting everyday.
How do you serve our clients?
- My main area of focus is timber sale setup and administration, which includes harvest boundary delineation, timber marking and gathering forest inventory data.
Why do you enjoy working at Steigerwaldt?
- The diversity of projects and opportunities within the company is something that I really like about Steigerwaldt.
What industry changes are you most excited about?
- I am excited to see how new carbon markets will evolve and shape the future of forestry.
What’s your favorite tree and why?
- White pine is my favorite tree because of how big they can get, as well as the fact that they are beautiful after snowfall.
Where do you like to go on vacation?
- Anywhere in the mountains, but Wyoming is awesome!
What is your favorite outdoor activity?
- Hunting is my favorite outdoor activity.