Meet Steve Kimble
Meet Steve Kimble, Certified General Appraiser for Steigerwaldt. Steve specializes in utility easement appraisals, waterfront and unique rural properties, recreational forestlands and agricultural properties, all with or without improvements.
Please provide a professional history introduction (prior and during your time at Steigerwaldt):
- Prior to my time at Steigerwaldt I was a GIS professional for 15 years. Since my start at Steigerwaldt I have transferred my focus to appraisal.
Why are you passionate about this field?
- I see the need for accurate appraisals so that landowners can make important decisions concerning what is probably their largest investment.
How do you serve our clients?
- Clients’ needs are a top priority. I initiate and further encourage open communcation so that the clients’ needs are completely fulfilled.
Why do you enjoy working at Steigerwaldt?
- I enjoy being part of a team made up of people that want to give quality service and a superior product.
Since you’ve worked here, how has the industry changed?
- There has been improved access to quality data that has made the appraisal process more efficient.
What industry changes are you most excited about?
- Further improvements in data avaialabilty and precision.
What’s your favorite tree and why?
- Tamarack – I like that it is the only conifer that sheds its needles and I like how they change to a bright yellow late in the fall
Where do you like to go on vacation?
- Either out to the Rocky Mountain states or farther north into northern Minnesota and Ontario.
What is your favorite outdoor activity?
- Almost all of them!