Meet The Team: Travis Polinske
Meet Travis Polinske, Accounting Assistant at Steigerwaldt. Travis is responsible for the invoicing of AR accounts for our Energy, Infrastructure, and Real Estate Division. His accounting duties include tracking time and expense reports, navigating accounting software, and supporting AP functions. Travis also assists the Tree Farm department with trucking logistics, wholesale administration and orders, and payment tracking.
Please provide a professional history introduction (prior and during your time at Steigerwaldt):
- I graduated with my degree in HR Management and was previously employed by a corporate healthcare organization handling the multi-state payroll & billing accounts for hospitals around the world. I am now responsible for assisting in areas of finance, marketing, and administration as well as helping out with logistics for STF in the busy season.
Why are you passionate about this field?
- I enjoy the process it takes and the satisfaction in finding the end result.
How do you serve our clients?
- By building trust through wholesale orders and administration, customer service, and payment tracking on clients accounts.
Why do you enjoy working at Steigerwaldt?
- I have a work-life balance and work with amazing positive team members that make it easy and enjoyable to work with.
Since you’ve worked here, how has the industry changed?
- I haven’t worked here long enough to see many industry changes, however, the demand on the STF side had been quite interesting this season as far as inventory and logistics.
What industry changes are you most excited about?
- Learning more about the new market, new clients, and new ways of working.
What’s your favorite National Park?
- Yellowstone National Park.
What would you do with 10 acres?
- Build our dream home.
What is your favorite outdoor activity?
- Taking the side by side out on the trails.