Meet Kari Genson
Meet Kari Genson, a Right-of-Way Agent for Steigerwaldt. Kari is responsible for collaborating on a variety of infrastructure projects with public and private utilities, governmental agencies and on renewable energy projects. She is a new member in IRWA, where she maintains her education in the field of right of way.
Her responsibilities include liaising with clients and landowners to get necessary land rights for the project, securing necessary access, resolving construction-related damages, obtaining necessary project permits, attending public meetings, and handling vegetation management issues.
Kari also holds a Wisconsin Real Estate Sales License and assists clients with residential and recreational real
estate acquisitions, dispositions, marketing, and contracting.
Please provide a professional history introduction (prior and during your time at Steigerwaldt):
- Prior to working at Steigerwaldt, for over 10 years I managed and owned a Family Auto Repair Business in Hayward, WI. When I joined the Steigerwaldt team, I started as a part-time forestry admin and eventually transitioned to full-time. I earned my Wisconsin Real Estate Salesperson license and began working in the Brokerage department. I’m also working on appraisal classes and supporting the Appraisal department, assisting with utility appraisals. Recently, I have been promoted to Right-of-Way Agent with the Right-of-Way Department.
Why are you passionate about this field?
- I am passionate about people. Building trust with both clients and landowners has been very rewarding. I also enjoy helping people find their dream property.
How do you serve our clients?
- By listening, being responsive, and holding true to our company values.
Why do you enjoy working at Steigerwaldt?
- I like working for a company with great values and we have an amazing team that I really enjoy working with.
Since you’ve worked here, how has the industry changed?
- We use technology so much more to communicate, everything is digital.
What’s your superpower?
- Agility, Flexibility.
What’s your favorite tree and why?
- Apple, because apples are delicious.
What would you do with 10 acres?
- Make food plots for hunting.
Where do you like to go on vacation?
- Florida Keys.
What is your favorite outdoor activity?
- Fishing, hunting, and biking.