Meet Andrea Caron
Meet Andrea Caron, Steigerwaldt’s Real Estate Assistant and Staff Forester. Andrea’s responsibilities include assisting the Right-of-Way, Forestry, and Brokerage departments in document preparation, execution, and project procurement. She best serves Steigerwaldt clients by displaying clear, concise communication while focusing on connecting the client’s needs with Steigerwaldt’s unique skill sets.
Please provide a professional history introduction (prior and during your time at Steigerwaldt):
- My professional forestry experience includes working for the US Forest Service in Sitka, Alaska where I spent my time focusing on the Emerald Ash Borer Project with the Michigan Department of Agriculture. I also served as an educator with Michigan State University Extension prior to joining the team at Steigerwaldt Land Services.
Why are you passionate about this field?
- I have a strong love of natural resources and enjoy helping landowners connect with avenues to best help them manage their resource goals.
Why do you enjoy working at Steigerwaldt?
- Steigerwaldt’s is a family-friendly company that has allowed me to focus on being a professional while also attending to my true full-time job as a mother to three little boys.
Since you’ve worked here, how has the industry changed?
- The industry has changed in the speed at which we are able to work, and the scope and locations that we have access and knowledge of.
What industry changes are you most excited about?
- I am excited about the use of drones and how we can manage resources with that technology.
What’s your superpower?
- Making chocolate disappear!
What’s your favorite tree and why?
- White Pine – I love how tall, and strong they are. They seem to stand the test of time, adversity with beauty and strength.
What’s your favorite National Park?
- Sitka National Historical Park
What would you do with 10 acres?
- With ten acres, I’d continue to build on the homesteading lifestyle my family and I lead. I’d also have lots of space for our free-ranged boys to run, play and be!
Where do you like to go on vacation?
- Lake Superior Provincial Park in Canada
What is your favorite outdoor activity?